In a previous article written for VaSoccerNews by Karen Ruberg, ‘The Influence of WPS on female youth players?, Karen discussed the
need to have female role models involved in the game of soccer throughout all levels of.
Former US Women’s National team member and Professional soccer player, Brandi Chastain even weighed in on the article saying:
It is important that girls and women see examples of themselves in all facets of life; sports, law, education, business, boardrooms, non-profit, family and otherwise because without an example, it is much more difficult to encourage and foster the belief that they too can dream and become whomever they wish. Those are my two cents.
The existence of the WPS is so important especially to youth players and female youth players in particular and who better to explain the value and importance than the players and fans themselves.
So, Virginia Online Soccer News announces a contest to discover the answer to the question: "What the WPS Means to Me?"
Here are the details of the writing contest by VaSoccerNews.com:
1. Title = "What the WPS Means to Me?"
2. Must be 18 yrs. or younger to enter.
3. Submission should be between 250-500 words.
4. Three finalists will be chosen and readers will get to vote to select the Winner.
5. Winning submission will be published on VaSoccerNews.blogspot.com, Washington Freedom website, AllWhiteKit.com, and 90:00 Soccer Magazine.
6. Prize = Winner will receive 2 tickets to a Washington Freedom home game @ Maryland SoccerPlex.
7. Winner will be determined and notified on July 31, 2010.
To enter your submission for consideration click on the button below and good luck!