Oct 15, 2010

Washington Freedom Participates in "Let's Move!" campaign on the White House South Lawn

washington freedom logo
Excerpt From: acelebrationofwomen.org


October 13, 2010
On Thursday, Major League Soccer, the U.S. Bid Committee, the U.S. Soccer
Foundation and D.C.’s professional soccer teams, DC United and Washington
Freedom played with 130 students from the Washington area in soccer drills for
60 minutes with a much needed apple and water break at the end. We had great fun
here, so how about you organize a clinic for the kids where you live? All you
need is a field, some balls, some adults and a whole bunch of kids willing to
move for 60 minutes of play. What are you waiting for?

Learn about the Let's Move! campaign:





3 comments:

  1. This is a really great initiative and much needed. I don't have kids of my own but see the total value in the change of lifestyle. Chris, thank you for the comment on my blog. I wish I was more of a soccer fan so I could have more opinions on your blog, but what I can do is recommend this blog to friends who do enjoy the sport. I have tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful thing to do. I wish there were links to pictures of FREEDOM players participating in these wevents and some commentary from the players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think participation in events like this one are not only great for the community but can be an easy way to promote the league (WPS) to the fans.

    The NFL is great at promoting their involvement in the United Way campain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding to the Virginia Online Soccer News discussion.